In a message dated 4/17/01 7:39:09 PM Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< I've managed to dent the front of the prism housing on my trusty old
 MX (a pretty shabby reward for 25 years of sterling service!).

 Should I:

   o  Try and find a replacement top plate from a 'parts' MX

   o  See if my local repair shop can straighten things out

   o  Attempt to do it myself (I've got the service manual)

   o  Leave well enough alone - it still appears to work OK. >>

John,

Leave well enough alone, at least until you need a CLA or more...
Especially if you can't see anything wrong with the viewfinder.

Regards,  Bob S.