On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:44:05 -0700, Keith Whaley wrote:

> Six or eight of these unleashed in the skies over L.A. would
> wreak absolute havok! The mind boggles! The unleasher(s) might
> never get out of jail!  <g>

When I was in high school, right around 1979 or 1980, some locals got
into trouble for filling punching bags (big heavy duty balloons) with
hydrogen and tying a length of waterproof (green) fuse to them.  They'd
light the fuse and release them to detonate when the fuse burned up to
the punching bag.  When they got a little optimistic with the fuses,
the things were getting into the traffic pattern of the local airport.
They had some rather, um, earnest discussions with the FAA and the BATF
according to the local newspaper.

TTYL, DougF KG4LMZ