The F* 300mm f/4.5 is pretty highly regarded, by me at least. Its so sharp you could cut yourself just looking at the slides.

Unfortunately, it doesn't do well with A2X-S. :-(

A lot of people choose this lens over the FA* version as it has a tripod mount. Optically the two lenses are identical. I just wish that the F* lens had the focussing clutch mechanism of the FA.
A lot of people choose this lens over the FA* version as it has a tripod mount. Optically the two lenses are identical. I just wish that the F* lens had the focussing clutch mechanism of the FA.

I did too, but ironically, after some tests I did for myself, I use the tripod mount no longer. However, the built-in hood is still much preferred.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

MSN Premium: Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses and 2 months FREE* http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines