Nick,

I'm in agreement there.  When outfitting my *istD, I chose the new
Tamron 90/2.8 Macro over the Pentax.  I used to own the FA 100/2.8
Macro and while it is a fine lens, I'm not seeing any discernable
difference between them in regards to image quality.  But the Tamron
is lighter to work with, manually focuses much better and is overall
smoother handling.  I am pleased with my purchase and would do it
again, given the opportunity.

Bruce