They could have gotten rid of it, if they had used ED elements.  It's that
simple, typically lenses with that type of glass cost a bit more though.

-That Guy

-----Original Message-----
From: Shel Belinkoff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 7:10 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: First smc-DA14/2.8 impressions

Here's a question since not everyone has PS CS or other programs: Why can't
these lenses be made so there's no or minimal CA?  Seems to me that all the
digi folks have gotta put up with this crap, and the solution offered is to
go buy a $600.00 program to remove it in the editing process.  Regular
lenses pretty well dispensed with that years ago.  Feh!

Shel