From: "frank theriault" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: PAW - Man Getting a Shoe Shine
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:24:36 -0400

Hi, Shel,

Just got back after being away from the weekend, and I didn't get your original post. No matter.

I think this is a terrific photo. As Cotty so sagely noted, the guy with the cigar makes it. Geez, he looks like Daddy Warbucks or something!

Other than the position of the two customers, what I like is the fact that the shoe shine guy has his back to us; we can't see his face at all. It's as if he's anonymous. I wonder if that's the way his customers or most passersby think of him - just some poor schmuck who shines shoes for a living.

I think it's a very poignant photo, for that very reason.

Lovely.

thanks,
frank