From: "Pål Jensen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, June 28, 2004 7:26 PM
Subject: RE: The public and Pentax

> Although this fits well in with Pentax lack of marketing strategies
(perhaps it is a strategy!), I was actually told that Pentax had no plan to
meet demand of the *ist D ever. They would never make any volume with this
camera. This was at the introduction and plans may have changed since for
all I know...
> I believe the *ist D only purpose is to provide Pentax with a DSLR
signalising that they will continue to make SLR's. The *ist D probably
virtually only sell to people thats already within the Pentax system.
> Perhaps the camera is a loss leader anyway and Pentax may loose money on
every one for all we know...