G'day Pål,
You probably don't know me, I'm a relatively recent subscriber.
The only reference I've seen to this camera was hidden in the "Nikon to abandon Film" thread of a couple of weeks ago. Tanya wrote:

"Graywolf, a salesman at Pentax Australia told me when i bought my *istD (Feb 04), that they weren't producing the MZ-S anymore. He and his colleagues actually fought over the last Australian shipment (which was December), because they were so desperate for them before they could get them no more.
"He managed to snag the special version with gold writing on it and was over the moon. I don't mean to contradict you at all, but I haven't seen them advertised, or in stores in Australia since the date he mentioned, and this guy has always been really genuine with me in the past."

'Special version with the gold writing' sounds like the limited to me.

David

Pål Jensen wrote:

Well, was this just an empty rumour or what? If so, quite a good one with pictures of
the camera and the box it came in.
Anyway, it would have been nice with an MZ-S with magnesium back and weather sealing.
Anyone with any clues?

Pål