For some reason I don't comprehend I'm putting this in my archive.

Amita Guha wrote:

Music to hate yourself by? I have always subscribed to

the idea that

music
should make you feel better, not make you want to kill yourself.

THANKS. As a result of reading the above post, I now have "You don't have to call me darlin, darlin, You never even called me by my name" running through my head (I'm sure it has a title, but ... )

It was sometimes called The Perfect Country Song, but its real title was

You Never Even Call Me By My Name
David Allan Coe
Doug Supernaw
Written by: Steve Goodman

It was all I could do to keep from cryin'
Sometimes it seemed so useless to remain
But you don't have to call me darlin' darlin'
You never even call me by my name.

You don't have to call me Waylon Jennings
And you don't have to call me Charley Pride
And you don't have to call me Merle Haggard anymore
Even though you're on my fighting side.

And I'll hang around as long as you will let me
And I never minded standin' in the rain
But you don't have to call me darlin' darlin'
You never even call me by my name.

Spoken:

I was drunk the day my mama got out of prison
And I went to pick her up in the rain
But before I could get to the station in the pickup truck
She got ran over by a damned old train.

So I'll hang around as long as you will let me
And I never minded standin' in the rain
You don't have to call me darlin' darlin'
You never even call me....
Well I wonder why you don't call me...
Why don't you ever call me by my name.