I suspect my future is with 10D/dD100/*istD level cameras, so I see very
little point in switching brands.  I admit that I have no experience
with these other cameras.  OTOH, I've been very pleased with the *istD.
My problem with selling my film gear is that I wan to keep one film
camera, and that would be the MZ-S.  It's also the only one that I could
actually get much money for.

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 6/29/2004 3:25:43 PM >>>
Jeff
If you have one lens and the LX - keep it it you want to use it (film)
occationally.
Don't buy MF unless you shoot HUGE prints of landscapes and Portraits.
Buy a
digtal. I haven't used my 6x6 outfit (camera and 5 lenses, 3
viewfinders
etc.) since I got my 5 MP SONY. It's very convenient, and in some ways
better than 35mm.
Very clear photographs with no grain and no hazzle and better DOF.
This (not mine) was done at open aperture 2.0 and 1/40 sec (!) with a
Canon
G5 (5MP):
http://www.fotokritik.dk/visstort.html?pic=81895
What more do you want, really?

The Canon 10D is remakabley good (judging from photgraphs posted on
many
websites). So is the *ist D, really! I have app. 20 lenses for 35mm
Pentax,
Bellows A, winders, refconverter, tele concerters etc. as well as 6
bodies.
If I didn't, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Canon 10D or a similar
(Pentax)
camera. But I love my Pentax gear - and all I really need is a digital
Petnax body. You are "free" to do what ever you want.

If we wait for det Baby D, the film gears may have lost even more
market
value...perhaps...
All the best
Jens Bladt