Fra: Dario Bonazza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 29. juni 2004 23:23
Til: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Emne: Re: Selling Pentax 35mm gear (WAS RE: Beautiful SF1n kit,
Voigtlander Perkeo 120 folder)

Jeff Post wrote:

> Jens,
>          I am wrestling with that same question, although it sounds as if
> you have far more gear then me.  My largest investment is in a single
> lens.  Since the *istD works with A* lenses, I do not expect them to
> depreciate considerably.

OK, I rather agree.

> The value of my LX I expect to drop like a rock,
> if it hasn't already.

It has, it has...

> The questions become, do I buy an *istD, do I sell all my 35mm gear and
buy
> a cannon 10D, do I sell my 35mm gear and buy a 645 or 67?

Or maybe sell everything photographic and buy a small boat? :-)

Rather seriously:

> If I thought the
> *istD was going to evolve into yearly updates with either bigger sensor
> size or greater megapixel sensors I would not consider anything else.

Unless Pentax will exit camera business (unlikely, I do hope), I'm convinced
this evolution is unavoidable. How can you think it won't happen?

> With
> all the talk of a babyD I would be surprised to see anything above the
> *istD (even if it was only the Sony 8 megapixel sensor slapped in) for a
> couple of years.

The current Sony 8 megapixel sensor is simply too small for a DSLR.

A minor evolution of the *ist D was scheduled for this Photokina, but the
Baby D become first priority and the *ist Dn was postponed. At this point
I'm not sure if we'll see just the *ist Dn or a major evolution (*ist D
Super?), but sure we'll see something above the *ist D sooner or later. It
is my personal opinion that we'll see it during 2005, together with a
baby-babyD.

If I was Pentax, I'll try targeting the following schedule and prices:

September 2004: Baby D (75% the current cost of *ist D)
March 2005: *ist Dn (90-100% the current cost of the *ist D)
September 2005: Baby-baby D (50% the current cost of the *ist D)
March 2006: *ist D Super (80-90% the current cost of the *ist D)

Unless Canon will introduce an EOS 3000D (Freak D in USA :-) at 500 USD next
September!

Since I'm not Pentax, these above are just my rants.

Dario Bonazza