> A famous internet auction site has listed a developing tank (sometime called
> a rewind tank) for cine film from 8mm to 35mm, closing in 2 days.  Users of
> 250 shot magazines might find such an item useful.
>
> In view of the embargo that most PDMLers choose to honour, I won't reveal
> the URL openly.  Anybody interested can email me in private and I'll happily
> send the URL to you, in private.

... thus honouring the letter of the embargo, while totally violating
the spirit.   The whole point of not mentioning eBay items is so that
any list member who has spotted a potential bargain doesn't suddenly
lose out and find himself bidding against other PDML subscribers.

Either don't mention the auction at all (especially if you recognise
any familiar names in the bidding), or if you consider the item falls
into the 'rare & unusual' exception category go ahead and post the URL.

Or, if you simply disagree with the whole premise of embargo, have the
courage of your convictions and just plain post the URL, without trying
to pretend that you're abiding by the common conventions.