That would only be true if you were using a hand held meter. The big problem is with flash, if you
don't have a TTL flash for the LX. It's not useless, it just requires a bit more care. That said I'd go
with the non variable f-stop and better manual focusing on the M if I weren't carrying an auto focus lens.

Frantisek Vlcek wrote:

The F is a variable aperture zoom, that means it is _useless_ on both
MX and LX in manual mode. Presto. Take the M - it is a very good zoom.
With the F, you will get _wrong_ exposure during zooming unless in
auto mode.

Fra