I much prefer if it didn't have a fixed hood as well. It forces me to use the lousy push-on cap.

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

Unless the 28 is one stellar lens, the 31 is better. They really got it right with this lens. My only quibbles are with it's physical size (It's a pretty big lens), filter thread (58mm), and silly little built in hood that precluded the use of a handled polarizer, which is what I like using. -----------

I use a polarizer with my FA 31. It is more awkward than one would like.

I often wonder what I will do when the lens cap finally get lost or crushed. I suppose one could get a screw-in cap.

Joe