[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> I was hoping you guys would tell me about the pulsing!  I occasionally get
> pulsing with the LX only.  It goes away when the shutter button is depress
> half way.  Then the LED's will go on solidly.  So it looks like a weak
> battery, but I can't find that noted in the instructions as a signal.

It's in there.  I quote:

        Battery Check

        After inserting the batteries, it is often helpful to make a
        quick check to see if batteries are inserted properly, and the
        camera's electrical systems are functioning.  To check battery
        voltage, activate the camera's metering system by pressing the
        shutter button partway, and observe the viewfinder LED shutter
        speed display.  The shutter speed LED will glow continuously
        if normal voltage is being supplied.

        Low Battery Warning

        When batteries become weak, the viewfinder shutter speed LED
        will begin to flicker.  Although all electronic systems will
        continue to function accurately until the display goes out
        completely, both batteries should be replaced promptly to
        ensure uninterrupted operation of the camera's electronic
        exposure controls.

It then goes on to explain how the shutter will continue to function
without batteries at shutter speeds from 1/2000 to "X", while
selecting an electronically controlled shutter speed (1/60 to 4s) will
cause the mirror to lock in the up position as a warning, until you
turn the shutter speed back to a mechanically controlled speed.

-tih
--
The basic difference is this: hackers build things, crackers break them.