On Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:08 , 'Peter Loveday' <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> sent:

>On the LX at least, OTF metering only works at slower than X speed anyway.

Ah, I didn't realise that.  I can see that the ability to respond to light
changes during the exposure (i.e. the integrating aspect) is much reduced
at speeds around and above the X speed.

I had always assumed that the metering was as I described, using the
OTF cell to time the release of the second shutter curtain.  Doing it that
way would work just as well at speeds higher or lower than X, as far as I
can see.

Are you suggesting that there is some other mechanism used for speeds
faster than X?  Storing the pre-exposure meter reading, like a camera
with the meter in the prism, perhaps?  I'd be very interested to learn
how this works.

Steve.