Hi Team,

I picked up a copy of Australian Camera April 2000 today, there were a few
items worth relaying however I can't vouch for their accuracy, in the same
magazine I found the following quote from a Nikon advertorial "Pentax already
offers a 43mm f1.7 manual focus lens for the purists", anyhow:

There is an advertorial column outlining all that we currently know about the
MZ-S fitted with the new 24-90 zoom but no mention of it in the
accompanying text however there is an interesting addendum; quote "The
digital version, not due immediately, will be called the Pentax MR-52"

A new Metz on-camera flash has been introduced; the Metz 54 MZ-3. It is
touted as the first Metz model to offer high speed sync and "can be
dedicated for use with the latest TTL flash metering systems from Canon,
Minolta, Nikon and Pentax". It has a zoom/swivel head with covers the focal
range of 20-105mm (in 35mm) with a GN of 40(m) at 50mm. There is no
mention of the shoes available but one would hope that there will be shoes
available which are Pentax dedicated to allow flash compensation with the
new MZ-S.

Lumiquest have a new add on flash diffuser, the Ultra-bounce which the
advertorial claims provides an even 180 degree of flash.

The MZ-7 and Espio120Mi have a full page of advertising space and just for
some sample Aussie price comparisons in one retailers advert the Z-1P QD
is priced at AU$1839, MZ-5N is AU$829 and the MZ-S $TBA (with std lens?
whatever that means).

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA