On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 19:51:12 -0700, you wrote:

>etn> I notice that the *istD and the Optio 550 name files in exactly the same way. I
>etn> don't suppose there's some kind of easy fix available so as not to cause
>etn> confusion when files from both sources are stored in the same place?
>
>etn> ERN

If using JPG only, my idea is to borrow the Nikon View disk from a
buddy.  The Nikon software will download Pentax jpg's, and allows
re-naming at download.  Only problem - it does not recognize Pentax
raw PEF files so does not download them.

Maybe someone could bug Pentax for an upgrade so their software is at
least as functional as the competition.  Man, I hate the software with
the *ist D, so much that I never ever use it.  It is the main reason I
don't shoot raw with Pentax.  If I need raw files, I break out the
Nikon gear.

--
John Mustarde
www.photolin.com