I asked about the DA 14 and FA 77. The reply I got is below. Some time back a Pentax rep confided to me that Pentax Japan tells Pentax USA nothing.

Surprisingly, I got this reply within just a few hours. Usually it takes them a few days to answer a query. It appears that the folks at Pentax USA have time on their hands, perhaps since they have no lenses to sell.

Joe

Joseph,

Thank you for contacting Pentax Imaging Company.

We too are anxiously awaiting deliveries of these lenses from the manufacturer. However, an estimated delivery date has not yet been made available to us from the manufacturer. As soon as supplies are received from the manufacturer, we will promptly distribute them to our dealers.

Pentax has not announced plans to discontinue either lens, however.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact our Customer Service Department at: 800-877-0155

Thanks again,

Joe Virgil

Pentax Imaging Company