Hello all,

I just ordered (for the first time) from Adorama a couple items that looked too good to be true.

Pentax A 24-50mm $ 46 - Rated as user condition with a filter ring dent.
Tokina A 80-200mm f2.8 $ 105 - Rated as user condition

Interesting to see what these lenses look like when I receive them. The reason why I ordered them was I have been using a SMC A 35-105mm f3.5 A that I purchased off eBay for approx $50. In the description was that the lens had a filter ring dent and some marks on the glass - the lens turned out to be UGLY!! Eventhough the lens has a dent in the filter ring, and two major scratches which by most people's standars would make the lens unuseable, the lens is awesome! It is every bit as sharp as my near mint condition one that I just sold.

It is amazing how scratches seem to have so little effect on the final image.

Will report on how they look when I get them. I figure other bargain hunters would be curious to know how accurately Adorama rates items.

James Burris