Paul,

At the end of the day its gonna be worth what someone wants to pay you for it. If you use ebay it can vary quite a lot depending on who is bidding and how much they want it.

The k105/2.8 is indeed very hard to come buy so I guess you would probably get a good price for it if you sold it on ebay rather than privately - certainly more than the $215 I paid for mine. I Imagine it would be very desirable to a collector. Personally I dont find it harsh at all - but it is a different kind of lens compared to the 85mm, more suited to general reportage type photography.

The SMCT 85/1.8 seems to go for between $220 and $270 lately for a good copy.

Antonio