on 21.07.04 2:33, Joseph Tainter at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'd sure want to see a lens test on this before I bought one. I'll bet
> it won't perform as well as the DA 16-45.
So far Sigmas from DC series got quite favourable reviews and so far they
were only cheapo versions (18-55/3.5-5.6 is 4x cheaper than DA 16-45). Being
from EX series I suspect this one will be even better. And it will be
certainly better than DA 16-45 at f2.8 :-P Of course it won't have QSF
though.

> OTOH, it may be less expensive, and more importantly, you may actually
> be able to buy one.
Its construction is very similar to Sigma EX 24-60/2.8, so I suspect it
would have price similar to DA 16-45 (about 400USD or Euro in EU)

--
Best Regards
Sylwek