On 22 Jul 2004 at 16:00, Henri Toivonen wrote:

> I got a good deal on a SMC 135/2.5, very cheap, but it doesn't work
> properly.
> The aperture lever on the back isn't working. It moves but doesn't
> affect the aperture at all.
> There isn't oil in there, it's somekind of mechanical thing.
>
> Clues? Easy to fix? Worth the effort?
> I would be getting it for some $20-25.

I never had my old SMC 135/2.5 lens apart but I know that in many other Pentax
lenses if the rear end is re-assembled incorrectly it can prevent the aperture
from working. Does the aperture actuator lever pivot ( so that it doesn't
maintain a 90 degree angle to the rear mounting flange) or does it remain rigid
and just rotate around the mount?

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998