----- Original Message -----
From: "Jens Bladt"
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 1:45 PM
Subject: CCD vs. CMOS

> Hi all
> I just talked to a Canon guy on the phone. He said that the reason
Canon is
> ruling the world of digital photoraphy at the moment is, that they
stuck to
> CMOS while everybody else left it for CCD's. I'm not an electronics
> engineer, so what do guys think?

It might have something to do with the fact they are big enough to
equip every known professional in the world as walking EOS billboards
and buy a bunch of celebrities for the same reason, and then
advertise the crap out of it.
It might also have something to do with their ability to put a new
model on the shelves a couple of times a year, thereby feeding the
equipment angst of the needy photographers.
It might even have to do with their ability to make a pretty decent
camera, and then sell it at an almost dumping price point.

"To excell at digital photography all you need is a brilliant mind,
extraordinary sensitivity, unprecedented compatability and an
attractive body"
-Canon advert: Photo Techniques, May/June 2004-.

Apparently, you don't need a lens.

William Robb