On Jul 26, 2004, at 2:21 AM, Rob Studdert wrote:

Well captured Dave, did you have it under surveillance for a while?

Sort of.

The chrysalis goes black a day or so before it's due to hatch. Other than that it's just a matter of keeping an eye on it. IIRC they only hatch when the weather is warm. We get quite a few of them here so the chances of seeing one are quite good.

They only take a few minutes to hatch out so you need to be pretty quick. I think I had 3 or 4 shots of this one and the one I scanned was my favourite.

Cheers,

- Dave

http://www.digistar.com/~dmann/