From: Rob Studdert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 26, 2004 10:11 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: PAW - Hill

On 26 Jul 2004 at 21:27, John Power wrote:

> I guess there is some symbolism of some sort here.  What do you think of
the
> blank spot between the two crosses?  Maybe I should have stuck another
cross
> there, don’t know.  Not too good with symbolism.
>
> It was across the street from a Wal-Mart.  Maybe it represents all the
local
> businesses that closed when Wal-Mart came to town.  :)
>
> http://www.solutns.com/jpeg/crosses.jpg

Hi John,

That's really interesting (from a non-religious perspective of course). From
composition perspective what I guess I would have done had I shot the same
scene would have been to step back a fraction and try to get a little
elevation
so that the crosses in the distance were more prevalent in the frame. Of
course
I've no idea how difficult it would have been to do this but there's always
way :-)

Technically the image is tending to blue, I expect that you were likely
shooting under a cloudy sky? Without warming this makes the image a little
less
intense, the reds are no where near as saturated as they could be and the
whites of the crosses are just begging to be white again.

Also (you will hear more from others about this) but the image when
compressed
well should only be between about 75-100kb for those pixels dimensions.

I hope you don't mind but I've turned this into a WOW as I've taken the
liberty
to re-work your image (colour and saturation wise) to give you an idea of
what
I mean (and yes I've gone a little overboard), the crosses could be
brightened
a bit too.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~audiob/temp/crosses.jpg

Cheers,

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998