I very much like your philosophy Frank.
I'm often too timid to ask if a photo is OK.
I am not a timid person (as you've probably noticed) ;-) , but I don't want
them to think I want the photo to make fun of them or show all my friends
what a "wierd" person I saw.
I need to get over some of this.
When I saw this photo it made me feel very fortunate for what I have and
where I am, I think it might kindle the same feelings in others.
While I feel some street folk are there of their own doing, some are not.
I think one of the wonders of photography is it can show things to people
that they wouldn't ordinarily see, or **choose to see**.
I simply need to get up the courage to ask. That will happen when I am 100%
certain that my *reason* for asking is not just the selfish desire to get a
"neat photo", but a desire to share something I've seen (and felt) with
others.
That famous National Geographic photo started quite a thread recently that
talked about such motives.
Photography is very common now, but still very powerful. It can amuse or
entertain, do great good or harm.
They say the pen is mightier than the sword, and a picture worth a
"thousand" words! Quite a marvel that shutter button.

Sorry to ramble on so but I seem to be waxing philisophical the last few
days.
Now where'd I put that wax............

Don