Jeez, the almighty dollar has been taking a beating lately but it's not that bad
140 euros is about *168.20 USD*

frank theriault wrote:

--- Thibouille <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Found a shop in Vienna where it is listed at €140.
I'll see if I can allow myself this one, having
nothing wider than 28mm.
I saw a Tamron 24mm in Belgium but at €225, it is
out of my budget.

Thibouille

Thibouille,

I don't know the exact conversion, but is 140 euros
about $280US?  If so, I would want to make sure that
it's the larger filter ring (ie:  larger than 62mm)
version.  I like my lens, but it isn't worth anywhere
near $300 us.  I paid around 1/3 of that, and it seems
that even then, I could have got it cheaper.

Not that it's a bad lens, but for 140 Euros, I think
you could do better than the cheap Vivitar.  If it's
the better one, I don't know what they're worth.

cheers,
frank

=====
"The optimist thinks this is the best of all possible worlds.  The pessimist fears it is
true."  -J. Robert Oppenheimer