Hi,

As a vague _possibility_ I am thinking of organising a trip on the Trans-Siberian railway from Moscow to Vladivoostock, with the possibility of branching off to go to Beijing. Of course, if you do the latter, you will travel through....Ulan Bator, just in time for the 2005 Pentax lineup announcement.

The train allows pairs to book a compartment, so you would have plenty of room. The journey takes about 6 days but we would be stopping off at a few places en route, so I am thinking of up to three weeks to complete. Probably in August next year. This means temperatures of 30degrees plus, rather than 60 degrees minus.

Other options are to travel with more people per compartment (maximum of six, I think) which will reduce price, or in more luxurious compartments, which will increase it.

If we travel in pairs, a whole carriage (18 people) can easily be booked.

_If_ this comes off, you will be travelling as individuals, responsible (within the bounds of friendship) for your own security, safety and anything else that might get me sued.

We will have a native speaker with us.

I have no precise idea of cost, as you will have to make your own way to Moscow and back from Vladivostock/Beijing. I would hope that the trip itself, including ticket, hotels/accommodation on route and food should be in the order of $1,000. That is not a figure I will ever agree to be quoted on.

If you think that there is a realistic possibility of participating in this event, please contact me off list.

mike