Not knowing what the setup was for the Frontier machines used at Walmart, but wanting to take advantage of supposedly pretty good quality, but low cost 8x10's, I took a CF with two images from the *istD. The first a full blown 16 bit converted from RAW using Adobe PS and adjusted for levels, converted to sRGB, etc. The second was a "save for web" from the first, in JPG.

The main console was down so the attendant told me to use the "user friendly" kiosk on the side which submitted stuff to the Frontier. It did not have many options, i.e. there was no way that I could tell to crop. I figured I would experiment and print out the TIFF in a 4x6 to see what kind of color I would expect in an 8x10. Well, what came out was a TINY TINY portion of the image, in terrible colors.

So, my question for those folks on this list which have done this before successfully is many-fold:

1. What do I have to do in Adobe to set up a pic for say, an 8x10? (general question)
2. Is sRGB the right profile or is there a special profile for the Frontier?
3. Do I have to resize the image in some special way? I.e. 300dpi, 8"x10"?
4. Can the Frontier know how to deal with 16 bit TIFFs or does it need JPG?

Thanks in advance,

rg