I bought the A* 300/2.8 for 1200.  Maybe too much but cheapest I could find.

-----Original Message-----
From:   Creature's Comfort [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Tuesday, April 24, 2001 6:16 PM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        Re: Fast, Clean Glass* (200/2.8A*, 300/4A*, 300/2.8A*) at RitzCamera
online

Hi,

How insurance people and reputable commercial sources value a lens
does not necessarily reflect real world purchasing prices.  I know
several people on this list who have bought one or more of these
lenses, in superb condition, for substantially less than the prices
posted by Ritz.  Some were eBay sales, some were private party sales
between list members or other parties, and some were through various
photo shops.

--
Sheldon Belinkoff
CREATURE'S COMFORT