From: Rob Studdert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, August 10, 2004 9:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: 50 or 100 mm

On 10 Aug 2004 at 21:10, J. C. O'Connell wrote:

> I just told you in last post, late model 6 element german enlarging
> lenses on a bellows. There is nothing "Stupid" about stating the
> facts. If you want to get the "best" out of 35mm or current digital
> you still need the best lenses. We werent talking "good enough" we
> were talking what is better and best!

For your information I've shot a high contrast test chart with the
A50/2.8 +
*ist D and from f2.8 to f16 the images are indistinguishable, at f22
there is a
hint of loss of sharpness. These are the facts. So have much more
resolution is
required?

> If you want to do 1:1, the best lenses are the ones
> designed for 1:1, not the pseudo zooms. I'm sorry
> if I am bursting your bubble but so be it.

You're are not bursting my bubble, maybe if you could substantiate your
claims
with some examples your rhetoric would be more believable?

Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA
Tel +61-2-9554-4110
UTC(GMT)  +10 Hours
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Pentax user since 1986, PDMLer since 1998