Doug, When I was shopping for a digital camera, I settled on the Olympus
C-2000Z, due to money I was able to spend. One reason I went for the Olympus
was the availability to use external flash. Look on the side of the camera
for a small round button. If you pull this button off you will find a pc
sync, I believe that the 3030 should have this. I use my 2000 on a bracket
with my Sunpak Auto 522 flash. Works fine. To me, this is better than a hot
shoe except that there is no provision for ttl, etc. I believe the 3030
should have this feature since it is basically the same camera body. Good
luck

Ted Beilby
Fayetteville, AR