I can't answer the question exactly, but in "the old days" light was
measured in "candela", which is the light from one candle:

Definition:
The candela is the luminous intensity, in a given direction, of a source
that emits monochromatic radiation of frequency 540 × 1012 hertz and that
has a radiant intensity in that direction of 1/683 watt per steradian.

The frequency chosen is that to which the eye is most sensitive. This
frequency is normally referred to as the corresponding wavelength: 555
nanometer. The wavelength varies with the medium through which the light
passes, so, in the interest of precision, our relatively familiar wavelength
description of light is not used in the standard.

The strange choice of the number 683 is to make the value identical to that
obtained with the previous version of the unit: the emission from 1 square
centimeter of glowing, solidifying platinum.

The steradian is the cone of light spreading out from the source which would
illuminate one square meter of the inner surface of a sphere of 1 m radius
around the source.

Read more at:
http://www.electro-optical.com/whitepapers/candela.htm
All the best