From: "Jostein" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, August 27, 2004 10:44 PM
Subject: Re: Polarizer

> AFAIK, it's difficult to dupe all the effects a polariser can have with
software. When shooting landscapes, the effect you will benefit most from is
how the filter remove reflexes in foliage and water (or wet surfaces). You
may also use it as a grey filter to get longer exposures and drawn-out
streaks in moving water.

> Based on experience, I would suggest Hoya's multicoated series, B+W, or
SinghRay. The latter also deliver the filters in system mounts like Lee and
Cokin, which allow you to buy cheap adapters for each lens, and make do with
only one filter.

> I recommend _against_ Cokin's polariser. Mine developed a green colour
cast after only a couple of years.

> Make sure to buy a circular polariser, not a linear. The latter will fool
the light meter in *istD, and under some conditions also fool the AF.