The depends on which "model" you mean. The traditional HOYA filters have a piece of metal wire to hold the glass in place. I have never had any problem with this design, and much preferred it because they are thinner. Some of the multicoated CPLs have retaining ring which is the same as traditional B+W. The truth is, both got loosen themselves. In fact, my B+W loosen itself in no time as soon as I opened the box. I had to tighten it and applied a little threadlock. As to the brass mount, I have found it heavy and too heavy to rotate (I prefer lighter damping grease).

Alan Chan
http://www.pbase.com/wlachan

there are significant differences in the build quality, in my
experience. For instance, I had a 67mm Hoya CPL and one day the glass
just fell right out. Fortunately it was into my bag, not onto the
pavement. Nothing like that ever happened to me with B+W filters.

Or Contax filters, come to that, and they are supposed to be Hoya glass.

Take charge with a pop-up guard built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.