As I was digging around looking for some slides to try in my scanner, before
I declare it a waste of time and relegate it to the scrap heap, I found a
whole box of slides and B+W negs I thought I had lost years ago!
Here's one taken in August 1977, on my daughters 2nd birthday:

http://www.donsauction.com/PDML/eyes.htm

Would have been taken with a Spottie or possibly a Ricoh TLS Singlex.
Not sure what the look was all about, a little scarey though.
I'm really thrilled to have found these, especially since I was informed
last month that come April she's gonna make me a grand-daddy! ;-)
The scan is actually very sharp and true to color, "save for web" doesn't do
it justice at all.
Maybe the scanner's worth saving, for sure JCO and the others are right
about the low quality of the web for viewing images.
Now to scan some of the B+W! <woo hoo>

Don