On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, James wrote:

> I have an MZ-60. it refuses to talk to my A lenses. only FA lenses with apture ring
> set to A will work.

No, A lenses and F lenses with the aperture ring set to A will work
too.

> I have taped over some of the contacts on camera body and camera
> works with lens attached but am sure the metering will be nowhere
> near right.

Probably meters as if wide open and underexposes (except if shooting
wide open :-). Easy to fix on a case-by-case basis; just dial as much
overexposure as you stop down. In order not to run out of exposure
compensation, set the iso 3 stops lower than the film and consider
(maximum+3) your dead-on aperture. You then dial + compensation to
stop down (close the aperture) and - compensation to stop up (open
the aperture) from the dead-on point. It is error-prone I am afraid,
if you are as forgetful as I am :-(

HTH,
Kostas (not sure the -60 has exp. comp and manual ISO setting)