Just as an interesting observation, Dave went digital before almost anyone else on the list. While all the folks here were crying digital SLR's were too expensive he bit the bullet and paid the big bucks for a Nikon D1, and has upgraded to a D2H. Yet unlike most of those here, he has no problem using film when he thinks it is a better or more interesting way to do things.

His camera is a tool attitude is refreshing.
(OTOH, those who think carpenters don't argue about which hammer is best have never been on a construction site.)

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi All.
To the dismay of some ,and to the may of others(me)summer or what passed as summer is
fading fast up here and its time to gear up some cameras for the annual fall colour shots.
I had a few nice ones in the past using Kodak 100vs slide film in the 6x7 and also with
Fuji Reala colour in i think the 35mm format.Some nice fall landscapes with these two.

Just curious,before everyone forgets what they used(my attempt at humour today)when they
went out foraging for red and gold leaves. Would i be better off just sticking with print film,as i
may want to enlarge a good one or two,or with a good 6x7 slide, has scanning come far enough to do a
decent print via photo lad,not so much inkjet .Not really satisfied with interneg although its better
quality than from the 35mm slide.

I'll do some digitally but have not done much this way yet,so i still want film back
ups.

Comments app.
Leaves are falling as we speak.

Dave Brooks
BTW my sickness that has befallen me on my vaction week (go fiqure the one full week a
year i take off eh)is subsiding. Just may get out and take some rural stuff today.:_

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html