Yessir! Your points are well stated, and correct.
I meant my statements about Takumar lenses to apply only to the M42 threaded lenses...

Thanks for the clarification.

keith whaley

Kostas Kavoussanakis wrote:

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Keith Whaley wrote:

To pass off screw-mount Takumar lenses as being less expensive ('budget')
and by inference being less capable than Pentax-branded lenses is
misleading, and usually incorrect.

Except if you are talking K-mount ;-)

There were a lot of SMC [Super Multi-Coating] coatings applied to Takumar
lenses, so to say they were "usually without the SMC coating" is also
somewhat misleading.

Yes, it's not usually without SMC, it's always without SMC, in the
K-mount world.

http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/technology/non-SMC.html

There were no Asahi or Pentax screw mount bodies, to my knowledge, that
automatically adjusted the lens' focus, so that eliminates the Takumar-F
designation entirely.
The "-A" designation first appeared on a Pentax lens, after the demise of
the Takumar line, so that eliminates the possibility of a "Takumar-A"
designation.

Yes, but there are Takumar K-mount lenses (the Takumar Bayonet
135/2.5, and a few Takumar-A and Takumar-Fs).

http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/primes/_non-SMC/index.html

http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/zooms/_non-SMC/index.html

Kostas