You are splitting the light sending some to the viewfinder and some to the sensor, you lose between 1/3 to a full
stop in exposure, and have a rather dim viewfinder. (I'm not sure about what effect light leaking through the viewfinder
might have on the exposure as well but it probably isn't good).

Steve Desjardins wrote:

What are the drawbacks of this system?  I have always found this aspect
of the E-10 to be very nice, and have always wondered why it isn't done
more, especially since it eliminates mirror slap.  Is it just too
expensive?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] 9/1/2004 6:45:19 PM >>>