"Does anyone know when this lens will be available in the US ?"

Based on recent experience we can expect the following:

It will start to show up five to six months after being announced. So that would be Jan-Feb. Last year the DA 16-45 was announced in August, and was available in the U.S. in late January/early February.

It will appear in Europe two months sooner than North America.

It will be available in Canada sooner than in the U.S.

Even when it is available it will be scarce. Order the first day your dealer announces it or you will wait and wait and wait.

Pentax's new motto: We will sell no lens until we antagonize as many customers as possible.

Joe