I happened across a Winder LX on a camera shops
website a while back at a seemingly very fair $129 in
very nice condition. I was in the vicinity of that
shop today and decided to drop in and have a look. I
asked for a demonstration of it (I didn't have my
camera with me, so the salesman used an LX from the
store) which gave puzzling results...

It will act like it's at the end of the roll after
firing the first shot.

The catch here is the camera body they had seemed to
have sticky mirror syndrome rather badly. Would a
sticky mirror cause a malfunction of the winder? If
so, I'm tempted to go ahead and call the shop and have
them ship the winder to me. It looked as new, and the
price seems right to me.