Well, one thing I am sure of, John. You are correct about it not being an offical Pentax annoucement.

--

John Francis wrote:

Nicolas Colarusso posed:

Anyone seen this http://www.pentaxuser.co.uk/forum/ftopic923.html&sid=7410148a29f812d9833bf21b689092c5

(brief summary:  a thread in which someone states Pentax.NL told him
the *ist-D is to be discontinued, and replaced by the *ist-Ds)

I wouldn't put too much faith in this.  For a start, that might be
just a decision of the Pentax importer, not of Pentax corporate.
Or it might be a misunderstanding on the part of the person making
the reply, and not even the official policy of Pentax.NL

In any case, until we have a better understanding of the differences
between the *ist-D and the *ist-Ds it's a little early to start the
handwringing over what we might (or might not) be giving up.

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com/graywolf.html