On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 17:54:41 -0400, Paul Stregevsky
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> A few hours ago I underwent dental work by an endodontist. Using my 20/2.8
> Carl Zeiss Jena lens, I shot some pics of the surgeon and his dental
> hygienist, the camera poised near my face. Then I shot some of me, the
> camera held at arm's length.
>
> I did the same last year, during root canal surgery.
>
> Some tips for those who wish to try shooting their oral surgery:
<snippage of actual tips>

Thanks, Paul, but I hope to never have the opportunity to shoot any of
my own oral surgery.  So far the teeth are doing pretty well for my
age, by gum (get it?  teeth?  gum?).

My last (and only) surgery was elective.  It took place in such a
delicate and sensitive area, that there is no freaking way that I was
going to be holding a camera in such a position so as to take photos
of the event.  In fact, such contortion may well have been impossible
(and undesirable).  And, believe me, no one would have wanted to see
the photos.  <eeewwww>

'Nuff said...

cheers,
frank

--
"It's about time we started to take photography seriously and treat it
as a hobby." -Eliott Erwitt