The hood for any 28mm should work fine. I'm using an Olympus metal hood, (because I had it lying around, can't remember
where it came from but it lived on a vivitar 28mm I had before I acquired the 30), with a step down ring, and I haven't noticed
any problems. The hood is well made and is of the same general quality.

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

The hood for the 20/18mm DOES look like an ash tray, but it's beautifully
made ... I love it for the quality of its construction and design.

I use the 49mm Takumar hood on the K35/3.5 with a step down ring.  Most all
49mm hoods will work on the 52mm Kmount lenses in this manner without
vignetting.  Pentax made the  barrel of the K lenses of a larger diameter
than the Taks, but the diameter of the glass is the same for comparable
lenses.

AFAIK, there is no Takumar counterpart the K30/2.8 For that lens I'm using
a Nikon HN-3 hood. Hmmm, I've not tried the 35mm Tak hood on the K30/2.8. Might be time to check it out ;-))

Kostas, I've a wide variety of hoods for my lenses, and am not at all
bashfull about using generic hoods, or hoods from other manufacturers, on
my Pentax (or even Leica) glass.

Shel