On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:24:18 -0500, Mark Stringer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is known about the Pentax SMC-A 16/2.8? Any opinions?  It is a
> fisheye.  On an istD would the fisheye be as extreme as on film?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15240&item=383874
> 9108&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
>
> Mark Stringer

Mark,

Just so you know:

http://graywolfphoto.com/pentax/pdml-faq.html

And, to be more specific:

"EBAY-- It is all right to mention your own auctions. Do not mention
other items until the auction is over (common courtesy). An exception
is obviously funny and BS stuff like the 11 million dollar Canon 1Ds
digital, or non-photographic stuff like the wedding dress that was the
basis of a long thread here a while back."

Not scolding you, as you likely didn't know;  just letting you know
for future reference.  <vbg>  And, of course, they're not "rules", but
suggested guidelines.  You can keep posting eBay auctions, but you may
then ruffle a few feathers.  Not mine, BTW - I don't do eBay these
days (I just look, don't buy).

As far as the lens goes, I don't know anything about it, except that
you're right, on a *istD, the more distorted edges of the 35mm frame
wouldn't be visible to the sensor, so it would not be as extreme a
fisheye effect as on a 35mm film camera.

cheers,
frank

--
"It's about time we started to take photography seriously and treat it
as a hobby." -Eliott Erwitt