Yes, that is all correct. You can also use exposure compensation in all modes, including shutter priority and hyper program mode in addition to manual and ap priority. (There's also an idiot mode, which I believe is called program that requires nothing of the user.,) Hyper program mode, which all the lat- model film camera guys are quite familiar with, will pick it's own shutter speed and ap initially based on firmware parameters. Then if you change the ap that becomes a priority and the camera will vary only shutter speed, or if you change the shutter, that becomes a priority and the camera will change only the ap. It is sometimes useful, although I generally work in aperture priority or manual mode. When shooting something that requires a high shutter speed, I'll work in shutter priority mode. In all modes, you can add plus or minus exposure up to three stops. In terms of the camera's capability to change ISO automatically, that's not something you have to override. You can set that as a function. It's either on or off, and stays on or off until you change it again. You can't really change it accidentally, since you have to go into the menu and scroll through the custom functions to find it. With M and K lenses, only manual mode is available, which I have not found to be a hindrance. Since, as you well know, manual exposure forces one to think, which is usually an advantage <g>.
Paul