Pål wrote:
The fact is that numerous members of this forum don't like dead honest opinions on
lenses if they are not positive.

Me:
Yes, it seems that some people don't, but sometimes they simply do not agree, or the
may not have done as thorough evaluations as you have. I do however think that in
general your opinions on lenses are much appreciated and highly valued, particularly
since you usually explain the basis for your opinions very well (often from carefully
performed pratical shooting, which resolution tests in magazines simply do not cover) .

Pål:
I've been flamed for posting lens opinions even if the flamer have never used the lens
in question. I've been flamed for repeatedly posting the same opinion again because
people ask.

Me:
Yes, it is true that you have received negative reactions that you did not deserve.
(In case you have felt lack of support, it may be because of your.. shall we say
"geological nature of your mind", in that you haven't seemed much personally affected
by many of the flames.)

Pål:
As recent as a couple of weeks ago someone was very unhappy because I called the A
35/2.8 mediocre although it is my honest opinion.

Me:
My (not particularly vivid) recollection of that particular exchange is one of a
fruitful semantic discussion of what was a reasonable judgement of that lens, based on
the poster's own experience of it (and not that the poster objected to you putting
forward your (negative) opinion).
(Personally I concluded that "mediocre" by your standards may equal
"average"/"acceptable" by someone else's, or that there was a difference in testing
methods (or even that the two individual lenses may have varied in quality).)

Pål:
True, I usually do not care at all that some people react negatively. However, since
the FA* 28-70/2.8 have so many problems in my experience I takes a hell of a lot of
time to write it down.

Me:
I think most of us can appreciate this problem. Although I haven't had a great burden
of extensive knowledge to share I have occasionally too not responded to a question
because I may have been bored by an issue.
(I just thought unfair to sort of throw this particular argument into the face of
Stan, who was simply - and in my opinion for a very good cause - asking for opinions
that in the end will be very useful to the Pentax community, just as his web site of
opinions on Pentax lenses already have been for a long time.)

Anyway, I agree with what Stan said in a recent message about the value of your
opinions, even if...or maybe particularly because...they are critical, in both senses
of the word. Singing only choirs of "Hallellujah" may be pleasant, but not
particularly useful.

Nice of you to take the trouble to post your response regarding the lens,
Lasse