So while my ist D's been away being looked at for AF inaccuracy, I found
someone else on the dpreview forums (same camera, same lens- Sigma EX 28-70
2.8 DF, same country!) in my shoes! What are the chances. So we talked on
the phone for a bit trying to figure out what to do next, and came to the
conclusion it was now in the hands of CR Kennedy for now..

Here's the post:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1028&message=10246357

At first he thought it was just the one lens, but it appears he's found
focusing problems with some other Sigma lenses too. Now, realising that this
could turn into a bag out Sigma fest, I must add, though, that my 28-70 2.8
has been giving nothing less than outstanding performance on my film body.

Anyway, here's the thread:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1028&message=10263599

and here are the tests (Sigma 28-70 2.8 DF, 105 2.8 Macro, 50 2.8 Macro,
70-300 4-5.6 Apo Macro super):
http://www.pbase.com/wallyoz/tests

Anyone else have time to test (http://md.co.za/d70/ Tim Jackson's focusing
test chart) couple of Pentax and Sigma lenses for a bigger sample?

Regards,
Ryan